Traci Engel Lesneski, CID, IIDA, LEED AP
BiographyTraci joined MSR in 1996 and has 22 years’ experience, mainly in designing learning spaces. As head of interiors and a principal with the firm, Traci promotes an integrated design approach, believing that projects are most successful when multiple disciplines have a role in shaping them. Traci believes in designing for overall experience, equally valuing comfort, productivity, aesthetics, and delight. Designing spaces that can positively impact a person’s life motivates and inspires her—whether for a library, a university arts building, or a workspace. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design from the University of Wisconsin-Stout and is a regular guest lecturer at her alma mater. Traci has made a name for herself as an inspiring designer and speaker, presenting workshops and discussions nationally on library design. For example, she has given presentations at the annual ALA conference for the past four years and presented a talk entitled “Reset: Transforming Mid 20th-Century Libraries to Meet 21st-Century Needs” at the IFLA Congress in Cape Town, South Africa, in 2015. She has also contributed articles to New Library World and Library Journal. Traci is currently chair of the American Library Association’s LLAMA/BES Architecture for Public Libraries Committee and is serving a four-year term as secretary of the International Federation of Library Association's Library Buildings and Equipment Section Standing Committee.
- Carmichael Lynch Office (Minneapolis, MN).
- Drexel University Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design URBN Center (Philadelphia, PA).
- Hennepin County Library Maple Grove (Maple Grove, MN).
- Kendall Young Library (Webster City, IA).
- Luther Seminary (Saint Paul, MN) various projects.
- Madison Central Library (Madison, WI).
- Mill City Museum (Minneapolis, MN).
- Mount Prospect Public Library (Mount Prospect, IL).
- Open Book (Minneapolis, MN).
- Ramsey County Roseville Library (Roseville, MN).
- Saint Paul Public Library Central Library (Saint Paul, MN).
- United States Senate Library (Washington, DC).
- University of Minnesota, Morris, Welcome Center (Morris, MN).