Garth Rockcastle, FAIA
BiographyGarth is a founding principal of MS&R with 33 years of professional experience. While maintaining an active role with the firm and launching MS&R’s Maryland/DC office, Garth served as Dean of the University of Maryland School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation for six years. Garth previously taught at the University of Minnesota College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture for more than 25 years and was head of the architecture department from 1990 to 1997. He was elected into the American Institute of Architects College of Fellows in 1998 for his contributions to both education and creative professional practice. Garth has a particular interest in facilities for nonprofit organizations and has served on dozens of boards for cultural and arts organizations. Garth was recently award the 2011 Pennsylvania State University College of Arts and Architecture Alumni Award.
- 801 Washington Lofts (Minneapolis, MN).
- 4332-4 Farragut Street (Hyattsville, MD) mixed-use redevelopment.
- Carleton College Weitz Center for Creativity (Northfield, MN).
- Drexel University Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design URBN Center (Philadelphia, PA).
- Folger Shakespeare Library (Washington, DC) feasibility study.
- Hollins University Richard Wetherill Visual Arts Center (Roanoke, VA).
- Katsiaficas/Gilbertson Residence (Rafia, Greece).
- Media Loft Office (Minneapolis, MN).
- Open Book (Minneapolis, MN).
- Sahara West Public Library and Fine Arts Museum (Las Vegas, NV).
- SunsetRidge Townhomes (Minnetonka, MN) senior housing.
- University of Minnesota Regis Center for Art (Minneapolis, MN).
- Washburn Lofts, 3rd Floor (Minneapolis, MN).