Eric Amel, AIA
BiographyEric thrives on design projects that require careful analysis, creative thinking, and exquisite execution. With more than 25 years of firm experience, Eric consistently practices the full range of professional design skills and is invigorated by architecture’s capacity to affect the built environment, from whole cities to the smallest detail. Prior to joining MSR, where he is an associate and architect, Eric earned numerous honors and awards, including AIA Minnesota Honor Awards for the University of Minnesota Wall of Discovery, Busan Convention Center, and Sexton Commons at Saint John’s University. In 2005, he received the prestigious Ralph Rapson Traveling Study Fellowship. Eric is also an adjunct assistant professor at the University of Minnesota School of Architecture, and he holds a Master of Architecture from the University of Minnesota and a Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics from Saint John’s University.
- Corn Palace (Mitchell, SD) renovation/expansion.
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Bee and Pollinator Discovery Center (Chanhassen, MN).
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Red Barn Farm (Chanhassen, MN) master plan.
- University of Minnesota Bee Research Laboratory (Saint Paul, MN) pre-design.
- University of Minnesota Raptor Center (Saint Paul, MN) mews renovation.
- University of Minnesota Rarig Center (Minneapolis, MN) theater renovation.
- Urban Outfitters Corporate Campus (Philadelphia, PA) Building 18.