BiographyBen joined MSR after graduating from Wentworth Institute of Technology (WIT) in Boston, Massachusetts, with a Master of Architecture in 2015 and a Bachelor of Science in Architecture in 2014. His award-winning thesis project involved a design-build proposal to build a shading pavilion in a sensory garden for the Carter School, a public school in Boston for students with mental or physical disabilities. He chose the project to advance the belief that everyone deserves good design and that architecture can contribute to people’s well-being. Ben enjoys building things with his hands and has experience working with CNC machines, 3D printers, and vacuum formers. Using these fabrication methods, as well as hand drawing, he has pursued his passion for learning through making. While studying at WIT, Ben served as a teaching assistant and digital fabrication technician. He also has experience managing Autodesk Revit models for Thompson Engineering Company and worked as a facilities intern for the Boston Red Sox, developing an archival system for over 1,000 as-built drawings of Fenway Park.
- Campbell County Rockpile Museum (Gillette, WY).
- University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Tashjian Bee & Pollinator Discovery Center (Chaska, MN).
- Project for Pride in Living (PPL) Franklin Theater Conversion (Minneapolis, MN).
- Fortune 500 Company Building 221 Plaza (Minneapolis, MN).
- Haverford College Visual Culture, Arts & Media (VCAM) Center (Haverford, PA).
- Missoula Public Library Central Library (Missoula, MT).
- Minneapolis Public Housing Agency Riverview Street Apartments (Minneapolis, MN).